Sarah & Rod | Dover Hall Engagement Session
Here at Hayes & Fisk, we absolutely love this time year. In the wedding business we call this “Engagement Season”. So many couples get engaged over the holidays and we just love to kick off the new year hearing from these couples as they start the wedding planning process. Many want to set up a meeting right away to start talking about hiring us as their wedding photographer. Others want to schedule an engagement session first. No matter their preference we just love getting to know each couple and hearing about their engagement story.
Many couple’s do ask, “Should we have Engagement Photos taken?” We think the answer is different for everyone but there are a few reasons what we think it is a great idea.
- This may be the first time you have had your pictures taken professionally and it is a great opportunity to get comfortable in front of the camera before your big day.
- It is also a good time to get to know your photographer, you can even use this as an “interview” for hiring them for your wedding.
- It can serve as a test day for your hair and make-up trial.
- You will have a great photo to send in with your engagement announcement to your local newspaper.
- You can use a photo from this session for a personalized save the date card to send to your invitees.
- It can be FUN! Pick a location that is important to you as a couple, wear clothes that show off your personality and just spend the day having fun with each other.
The images below are from Sarah & Rob | Engagement Session at Dover Hall Estate. They chose Dover Hall because that is where their wedding would take place. They chose to do a few different outfits but overall they just enjoyed a day together and we think their pictures turned out beautifully. They also took this opportunity to include their dog in the pictures.
Look for Sarah & Rod’s Wedding on our blog next week.